GTM Copy Paste
Copy your Tags, Triggers and Variables and Paste them into any other account
What is GTM Copy Paste?
"GTM Copy Paste" is a Chrome extension that allows users to seamlessly copy their Tags, Triggers, and Variables from one Google Tag Manager account and paste them into another. It simplifies the transfer process by enabling the upload of items through the GTM API, while keeping the relationship between Tags and Triggers intact. This extension is an efficient alternative to traditional GTM admin exports and reimports.
Easily Copy and Paste your Tags, Triggers, and Variables from one Google Tag Manager account to the next. Simply add them to the extension and then paste them into your intended account. Your items will be uploaded through the GTM API.
You can put together your own menu of Tags, Triggers and Variables that you want to copy to another account. No more Container exports and reimports through the GTM Admin interface.
- The relationship between Tags and Triggers will remain intact as long as they are part of the same "paste".
- If an asset (Tag, Trigger or Variables) under the same name already exists, the extension will upload the asset with "- Copy" attached to the end of the name.
- Currently, it's not possible to copy Built-In Variables, Folders and Custom Templates
- Updated to fix the error that occurred when trying to copy single Triggers (May 2023)
- Added Firebase OAuth Flow, you don't have to be logged in to Chrome to use the extension anymore
- Added ability to Copy whole Containers into the paste Extension (May 2019)
- Added ability to add all Tags, Triggers or Variables at once by right clicking on the item in the right Menu and adding them to the clipboard
User reviews summary
- great extension
- makes rolling out new configs easier
- saves time
- useful for duplicating tags
- easy to use
- time saver
- incredibly useful
- saves time and prevents mistakes
- works flawlessy
- triggers not copying to the extension
- limited to small number of elements
- some errors while copying
- doesn't work consistently
- buggy for larger volumes
- logs out every 10 minutes
- saves time
- easy to use
- copy/paste functionality
- works great
- great for duplicating tags
GTM Copy Paste is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install GTM Copy Paste if you trust the publisher.
GTM Copy Paste has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to GTM Copy Paste: