Highlight text on page to copy to Roam
What is Roam-highlighter?
"Roam-highlighter" is a tool for users of the Roam Research note-taking application. It allows easy highlighting and copying of webpage information into Roam in a compatible format, including references and headers. Also features bracketing functions for Roam page linking.
This Highlighter extension is meant for use with Roam Research note taking application to help "clip" web pages by highlighting all the areas you want to save in Roam and then easily copying/pasting into Roam in a Roam friendly format. You also are able to Double Bracket words / phrases with the extension so that they create Page/Link references when pasted into Roam.
For full instructions, How To's, and Demos please visit: https://github.com/GitMurf/roam-highlighter#roam-highlighter
[ALT + X] - Activate Extension and Show/Hide Side Window [Ctrl + X] - Highlights selected text - To remove part of a highlight, select text and press [Ctrl + X] [Alt + Click] - Removes an entire highlight [ALT + Q] - Remove all highlights on the page
User reviews summary
- Very simple to use with key commands for highlights
- Excellent for capturing information from web pages/articles
- Great tool to use in conjunction with Roam for note-taking
- Highlight doesn't stay if you close and reopen tab
- Has compatibility issues with certain websites that have their own highlighter
- Some key command shortcuts may conflict with other extensions
- User-friendly with simple key commands
- Useful tool when used with Roam and other note-taking apps
- Allows highlights to be turned into markdown notes
- Has some compatibility and functionality issues
Roam-highlighter is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
Roam-highlighter has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Roam-highlighter: