Save a page to Readwise Reader
What is Readwise Highlighter?
Readwise Highlighter is an official Chrome extension made by the Readwise team. It enables users to save articles to Readwise Reader and annotate the web. The extension also allows highlights to be synced with Readwise and other note-taking applications like Obsidian, Notion, Roam Research, and more. An existing Readwise account is required for usage.
This is the official Reader browser extension made by and maintained by the Readwise team.
You use the Reader Highlighter extension to:
• Save articles to Reader – the first ever read-it-later app built for power readers. If you’ve ever used Instapaper or Pocket, Reader is like those, except it’s built for 2023 and brings all your reading into one place including: web articles, email newsletters, RSS feeds, Twitter threads, PDFs, EPUBs and more. You can get started with Reader here. • Highlight and annotate the open web.
All highlights that you make using this extension will be synced with the Readwise ecosystem and, optionally, to your note-taking app of choice such as Obsidian, Notion, Roam Research, Evernote, Logseq, and more.
Note: You must have an existing Readwise account to use this extension.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can get a free 30-day trial with no credit card upfront. At the end of the trial, you will not be charged unless you choose to subscribe.
User reviews summary
- Has a good voice-to-text feature that helps in understanding articles easily
- Includes a Feed reader
- Ability to highlight in actual page context
- Facilitates easy reviews
- Text can be easily savable to Readwise
- Incompatibility with dark mode
- Shortcut Alt+R interferes with other sites
- Inability to update saved version of the article
- Poor customer support
- Extension could be causing browsers to auto-start and potentially executing background tasks without user consent
- Readwise Highlighter is a useful and comprehensive reader app
- Issues with highlighting features and shortcuts
- Possibility of hidden background communication
- Concerns about customer support
- Positive feedback about the product's functionalities
Readwise Highlighter is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Readwise Highlighter if you trust the publisher.
Readwise Highlighter has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Readwise Highlighter: