Capture web content to Amplenote
What is Amplecap Beta?
The 'Amplecap Beta' is a versatile Chrome extension designed for capturing different types of web content into your Amplenote. It offers the ability to take screenshot selections, page excerpts, full page captures, and even quick notes or URLs. Each selected content can be inserted into a new or an existing note, to-do item, or bullet item. The extension also comes with a feature to capture content to the clipboard for easy pasting into your notes, and a rich footnote feature for comprehensive references. Truly, 'Amplecap Beta' is the perfect tool for efficient internet browsing and notetaking.
Amplecap helps capture the best of the internet into your Amplenote notes, to-do lists, and bullet lists.
This release includes the following capture types:
Screenshot selection Pick an area of the page to capture, we'll also grab the URL of the page and any notes you want to store with it. All text in the screenshot can optionally be searched or pasted into your Amplenote notebook via built-in OCR.
Page excerpt Drag to select quotes, phrases, or information you want to remember from any web page. A list of all quotations selected is captured by Amplecap for you to optionally edit before saving. The URL of the page and time of capture is automatically recorded to your note along with the list of citations.
Full page capture Capture the entire scrollable contents of the current web page. We perform two passes of the page to ensure that dynamically loading content will be loaded & visible in your full page screenshot.
Quick Note If you want to capture a to-do item not necessarily related to the page you're browsing, and send it to your Amplenote to-do list without opening the app.
User reviews summary
- The Omnicapture feature is a huge time saver
- Essential tool for using Amplenote effectively
- Seamless capture of web content into notes
- A vast array of ways to capture an image, reliable and easy to use
- Exceptional combination of partial screenshot, full page screenshot, and excerpts mode
- Issues selecting the right tab with multiple windows, especially in fullscreen
- Memory usage seems high
- Cannot select multiple tags when creating a bookmark due to bad UX
- Friction in quickly adding items, lacking an efficient default option
- Clipping highlights mode doesn't clip links or JPEGs, only raw text
- Omnicapture as a significant time-saving feature
- Issues with selecting right tabs and high memory usage
- Problems with tagging and submitting notes due to UX concerns
- The extension being essential for Amplenote users
- Inability to clip links or images, only text is captured
Amplecap Beta is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Amplecap Beta if you trust the publisher.
Amplecap Beta is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this extension.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Amplecap Beta: