A small chrome plugin that let's you easily clip things to Obsidian
What is Obsidian Clipper?
"Obsidian Clipper" is an unofficial Chrome extension that simplifies clipping online sections to Obsidian notes. It offers direct content transfer with optional markdown format support. With Obsidian Clipper, researching and note-making have never been easier.
This is an unofficial clipper for Obsidian that allows you to easily clip a selection to a note in Obsidian. Clip a selection in Chrome with or without markdown support to Obsidian.
User reviews summary
- Clips perfectly and is customizable
- Very helpful in pasting web text into Obsidian along with the source URL
- Works in multiple operating systems including Mac OS and Ubuntu
- Does not work with YouTube comments
- Formatting issues when using the same note for clippings
- Issues with the extension running on certain versions of Chrome and certain operating systems like Kubuntu and OSX
- Great for clipping web contents to Obsidian
- Issues with incorrect or missing formatting
- Problems with images not appearing in Obsidian after clipping
Obsidian Clipper is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Obsidian Clipper has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Obsidian Clipper: