Copy as Markdown
Browser extension to copy hyperlinks, images, and selected text as Markdown
What is Copy as Markdown?
Copy as Markdown is a browser extension for Chrome users which facilitates the transformation of any hyperlinks, images, or selected text on a webpage into Markdown. This tool supports a variety of features including italic, bold and strike-through text, inline code, unordered and ordered lists, tables aligned with GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM), and fenced code blocks along with language recognition. The extension operates with user permissions, enabling menu options through right-clicking, accessing page content, and writing data to the user's clipboard.
The extension allows you to copy selected text on a page as Markdown with support for features including the following
- Ability to copy links, images, and selected text as Markdown.
- Linked images, will have options to individually select link or images.
- Formatted text such as Italic, bold, strike-through, and inline code.
- Unordered and ordered lists, with task lists support.
- Tables, with respect to GFM.
- Fenced code blocks, with language detection using info strings.
Note: When copying links and images, Chrome doesn’t let you extract images alt text or anchors text content to be used in Markdown, instead the links themselves are used as link title. Firefox doesn’t have this limitation though.
Copy as Markdown is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Copy as Markdown has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Copy as Markdown: