Validate and view PHP print_r outputs
What is PHPView?
PHPView is a Chrome extension specifically designed for PHP developers. This tool allows you to validate and pretty print any kind of PHP print_r output, making it easy to debug your arrays and objects. The branches that are not needed for checking can be collapsed, allowing an easier navigation over the structure. PHPView smoothly adapts the functionalities of a known JSON viewing extension, offering similar benefits for PHP development. For further improvements, you are welcome to contribute to its GitHub repository.
Pretty print any kind of PHP print_r output. Debug your arrays and objects easily, and collapse the branches that you don't need to check in order to navigate in a easier way over the structure.
I'm basically adapting this great extension for JSON: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jsonview/chklaanhfefbnpoihckbnefhakgolnmc
That fantastic work deserves 99% of the credit, but we, PHP developers, also needed this!
Repository: https://github.com/theypsilon/PHPView-for-Chrome Please, contribute!
User reviews summary
- Beautifies and structures PHP array output
- Saves time in parsing PHP arrays
- Very useful tool for developers
- Sometimes hides important debug code
- Issues with presenting raw data
- Can misbehave with certain types of array output, specifically those using asort() function
- Sometimes converts random websites' source code into pretty print with no way to disable
- Alters original array sort order
- Helpful tool for developers
- Issues with array display and sorting
- Need for a disable/enable feature
PHPView is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install PHPView if you trust the publisher.
PHPView has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to PHPView: