The most beautiful and customizable JSON/JSONP highlighter that your eyes have ever seen. Open source at https://goo.gl/fmphc7
What is JSON Viewer?
"JSON Viewer" is a feature-rich Chrome extension designed to make it easier to view, format, and debug JSON data. With 27 built-in themes, optional clickable URLs, ability to inspect your JSON data, C-style braces and arrays option, and an intuitive scratch pad, you get an ultimate tool for handling JSON. It enables users to customize their themes, tab size, and maximum JSON size to highlight. The extension is part of an open-source project and is continually improved by dedicated contributors.
It is a Chrome extension for printing JSON and JSONP.
- This extension might crash with other JSON highlighters/formatters, you may need to disable them
- To highlight local files and incognito tabs you have to manually enable these options on the extensions page
- Sometimes when the plugin updates chrome leaves the old background process running and revokes some options, like the access to local files. When this happen just recheck the option that everything will work again
- Works on local files (if you enable this in chrome://extensions)
- Syntax highlighting
- 27 built-in themes
- Collapsible nodes
- Clickable URLs (optional)
- URL does not matter (the content is analysed to determine if its a JSON or not)
- Inspect your json typing "json" in the console
User reviews summary
- Great for web development
- Supports complex configurations
- Reliable, has been working for several years
- Good for JSON formatting
- Stopped working with the latest Chrome update
- Slow for large documents
- Issues with nested JSON
- Breaks search functionality
- Stopped working with latest Chrome update
- Useful for web development
- Slow with large files
JSON Viewer is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install JSON Viewer if you trust the publisher.
JSON Viewer has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to JSON Viewer: