React Developer Tools
Adds React debugging tools to the Chrome Developer Tools. Created from revision 993c4d003 on 12/5/2023.
What is React Developer Tools?
You will get two new tabs in your Chrome DevTools: "⚛️ Components" and "⚛️ Profiler".
The Components tab shows you the root React components that were rendered on the page, as well as the subcomponents that they ended up rendering.
By selecting one of the components in the tree, you can inspect and edit its current props and state in the panel on the right. In the breadcrumbs you can inspect the selected component, the component that created it, the component that created that one, and so on.
If you inspect a React element on the page using the regular Elements tab, then switch over to the React tab, that element will be automatically selected in the React tree.
The Profiler tab allows you to record performance information.
This extension requires permissions to access the page's React tree, but it does not transmit any data remotely. It is fully open source, and you can find its source code at https://github.com/facebook/react/tree/master/packages/react-devtools-extensions.
User reviews summary
- Very helpful for react developers
- Provides a workaround for when the extension isn't visible
- Often a lifesaver for developers creating React applications
- Mentions of how to solve some commonly faced issues
- Some users report that it's not working
- Issues with disappearance of 'tabs' and 'profiler'
- Issues with Component tab no longer showing
- Buggy and slow, frequent need to reinstall
- Does not work with React 18
- Issues with the extension not working
- Occurrences of the extension being slow or buggy
- The need to frequently reinstall it
- Issues with Component tab not showing
- Several users provide solutions or workarounds for the issues faced
React Developer Tools is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install React Developer Tools if you trust the publisher.
React Developer Tools has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to React Developer Tools: