Makes JSON easy to read. Open source.
What is JSON Formatter?
"JSON Formatter" is a user-friendly Chrome extension designed to simplify the reading of JSON by automatically formatting it when loaded in a browser. It offers convenient features such as syntax highlighting, collapsible trees with indent guides, clickable URLs, and a dark mode. Despite its feature richness, it has negligible performance impact on non-JSON pages. Moreover, it respects user privacy with no tracking or advertisements.
The original JSON Formatter, now with optional dark mode 🌚
Auto-formats JSON when you load it in a browser tab.
- Fast, even on very long JSON pages
- Dark mode
- Syntax highlighting
- Collapsible trees, with indent guides
- Clickable URLs
- Negligible performance impact on non-JSON pages (less than 1 millisecond)
- Works on any valid JSON page – URL doesn't matter
- Buttons for toggling between raw and parsed JSON
User reviews summary
- Good at formatting JSONs
- Handy and lightweight for developers
- Features like dark mode are appreciated
- Some users mentioned it not working correctly on regular html pages
- It sometimes struggles to parse or loads big JSON data slowly
- The rendering of a large JSON will hold up all of Chrome for all windows/tabs
- Makes work easier
- Not always working as expected
- Requests for customizable themes and font size
JSON Formatter is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install JSON Formatter if you trust the publisher.
JSON Formatter has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to JSON Formatter: