Share links with GSConnect, direct to the browser or by SMS.
What is GSConnect?
GSConnect is a powerful Chrome extension designed to facilitate secure content sharing between your computer and various devices. It enables users to share links to websites, images, and videos either directly to the device browser or via SMS. GSConnect is a complete implementation of KDE Connect tailored especially for the GNOME Shell.
A Chrome/Chromium extension for sharing links with phones, tablets and other devices connected with the GSConnect GNOME Shell extension.
Share links to websites, images and videos, either directly to the device browser or by SMS.
Please report any problems on Github.
KDE Connect allows devices to securely share content like notifications or files and other features like SMS messaging and remote control. GSConnect is a complete implementation of KDE Connect especially for GNOME Shell.
User reviews summary
- Works smoothly on various versions of Ubuntu
- Helpful for sending links between phone and computer
- Neat integration with gnome extension
- Doesn't work with Brave browser
- Issues with non-gnome-shell desktops like Xfce/KDE
- High CPU usage reported by some users
- Installation can be tricky, requires patience
- Works well on Ubuntu 20.04
- Issues with service availability
- Problems with pairing on certain setups
GSConnect may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
GSConnect has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to GSConnect: