Allows sharing pages, videos, and images from your browser to KDE Connect devices.
What is KDE Connect?
'KDE Connect' is a Chrome extension that enables you to send pages and content from your browser to any KDE Connect device. Be it via browser action or context menu, the extension ensures flexible and efficient communication between your devices and the browser. Please note, this extension requires a Native Messaging Host to function.
A Chrome (and compatible) browser extension to send pages and content from your browser to connected KDE Connect devices, via browser action or context menu.
This extension relies on a Native Messaging Host to communicate with KDE Connect devices. As a result, installation is a little more involved than stand-alone extensions. Please see https://github.com/pdf/kdeconnect-chrome-extension for installation instructions for the Native Messaging Host.
User reviews summary
- Works well when installed properly
- Offers seamless integration between phone and PC
- Good for KDE environment users
- Difficulty in finding and connecting with devices
- Not compatible with all Samsung devices
- Doesn't work with Google Chrome beta
- Issues with device detection
- Works well in KDE environment
- Comparison to other similar apps like Pushbullet and Zorin Connect
KDE Connect may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
KDE Connect has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to KDE Connect: