KeePassXC integration for modern web browsers
What is KeePassXC-Browser?
- webRequestBlocking See more
Official browser plugin for the KeePassXC password manager (https://keepassxc.org).
The thing computers can do best is storing information. You shouldn't waste your time trying to remember and type your passwords. KeePassXC can store your passwords safely and auto-type them into your everyday websites and applications.
Check release notes from: https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc-browser/blob/develop/CHANGELOG
User reviews summary
- Effective password manager
- Can simplify the process of entering passwords
- Great for filling passwords and other relevant info
- Good integration with browsers
- Frequently disconnects/ out of sync
- Issues with loading in credentials for websites
- Often requires KeePassXC app to be open for the extension to work
- Some users have difficulty connecting to database
- Some users find the setup fiddly and not intuitive
- Issues with compatibility with some versions of Linux and specific browsers
- Error messages can be cryptic and not user-friendly
- Works well on Windows but has issues on other platforms
KeePassXC-Browser is not very risky to use and it requires a lot of sensitive permissions. Avoid installing this extension unless you absolutely trust this publisher.
KeePassXC-Browser is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this extension.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to KeePassXC-Browser: