Installed by your Google Workspace for Education admin. Tracks IP, user, timestamp data for school managed devices and users only.
Gopher Buddy is available to install from Chrome Web Store and for download from this page. It has 12,000,000+ weekly active users The latest version is 0.9.9.3, and it was published 4 months ago.
All available versions
You can find the current and older versions of Gopher Buddy here. You can download the archived versions or inspect their source codes.
As a free user, you can only download the latest version.
|0.9.9.3||Sign in to download||1.97M||1||2023-08-14|
How to install Gopher Buddy from a CRX file
Option 1: The easy way (for Windows users only)
- Download and run chrome-stats.exe file on your PC. This method will allow you to install Chrome extensions directly from chrome-stats.com in one click. You only need to do this once!
- Type in
chrome://restartin the URL bar to restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
- Download and install the Gopher Buddy CRX file
Option 2: Advanced method
- Download Gopher Buddy CRX file
- NOTE: Sometimes the browser may block downloading / installing CRX file from outside the Chrome Web Store. If so, you may need to use option 1, or download the ZIP file instead.
- In the URL bar, go to
- Enable Developer mode
- Drag and drop the downloaded Gopher Buddy CRX file into the Extensions page
- When prompted, click Add extension to install Gopher Buddy.
How to install Gopher Buddy from a ZIP file
- Download and unpack the Gopher Buddy ZIP file to a directory of your choice.
- In Chrome browser, go to
- Enable Developer mode.
- Click on the Load Unpacked button.
- Select the directory of with the unpacked Gopher Buddy ZIP file from step 1. Gopher Buddy is now installed on your browser.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Gopher Buddy: