Save to Google Drive
Save web content or screen capture directly to Google Drive.
What is Save to Google Drive?
"Save to Google Drive" is a convenient browser utility that allows users to save internet content directly to their Google Drive account. It offers options to save web pages, images, audio, videos, and even documents straight into your Google Drive. Ideal for swiftly taking browser captures or saving online documents for offline use. The extension also ensures easy access and file management with Drive's sharing and organizing features. Note that its extension options can be configured to user’s preferences.
The Save to Google Drive Chrome extension helps you save web content or browser screenshots to your Google Drive.
- Adds a browser action to save the current page.
- Adds a right-click context menu to save hyperlinks and media.
- Configurable through an options page.
- Save a PDF of the current page via the Chrome Print menu
This extension allows you to save web content directly to Google Drive through a browser action or context menu. You can save documents, images, and HTML5 audio and video all by right clicking and selecting 'Save to Google Drive'. You can save the currently viewed page using the 'Save to Google Drive' browser action or as a PDF from the Chrome Print menu.. The directory location and format of saved HTML pages can be controlled with the extension's options page (Choice of Entire image (default), Visible image, Raw HTML, MHTML, or Google Doc). You can automatically convert Microsoft Office files or comma separated files to Google Docs format.
After your content is saved, the progress dialog allows you to open the file, rename, or view the file in the Google Drive document list. From the document list, you can organize and share your new document.
To save a file:// URLs, or to enable in incognito mode, go to chrome://extensions/ and enable the associated checkbox.
Due to security restrictions, this extension cannot capture chrome:// pages or Chrome Web Store pages.
User reviews summary
- Useful for saving files directly to Google Drive
- Great for saving images to Google Drive
- Option to save a webpage in the 'Google Docs' format
- Many users report the extension not working
- Issues with authentication and sign in
- Limited file format options, with PNG being the only format available for some users
- Extension not working or functional
- Authentication errors
- The desire for more file format options
Save to Google Drive is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Save to Google Drive if you trust the publisher.
Save to Google Drive has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Save to Google Drive: