Avira Browser Safety
Your surfing made private and secure
What is Avira Browser Safety?
Avira Browser Safety is a Chrome extension designed to offer a safer and more private browsing experience. It effectively protects users from over 80 million malicious websites and more than 20 million phishing and spam attacks each month. In addition, it prevents potentially unwanted applications from hiding in your downloads. The extension also features an anti-tracking system that stops ad networks from online monitoring, and it enhances the user's experience by preventing interference with web services. Additionally, it includes smart search features, like highlighting infected sites in search results and ensuring users are never redirected to malicious search engines.
Avira Browser Safety protects you from malicious websites & invisible trackers
- Browse securely: We block over 80 million malicious sites per month.
- Shield your identity: We detect over 20 million phishing & spam attacks per month.
- Download safely: We prevent over 1 million potentially unwanted applications (PUA) from hiding in your downloads.
- Anti-tracking: We stop thousands of ad networks from monitoring you online.
- Optimal experience: We enable you to access all your favorite web services without interference.
- Know before you go: We highlight infected sites directly in your search results.
- Anti-hijacking: We ensure you’re never redirected to malicious search engines.
User reviews summary
- Effective malware and phishing protection
- Blocks ads and unsafe sites
- Helpful website rating warnings
- Can slow down the browser
- Blocks legitimate websites and content
- Self reinstalls, hard to fully remove
- Blocking of ads
- Protection against malware and phishing
- Sometimes blocks legitimate websites
Avira Browser Safety is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Avira Browser Safety if you trust the publisher.
Avira Browser Safety is very likely to contain malware and should not be trusted. Avoid installing.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Avira Browser Safety: