Alternate Player for Twitch.tv
Alternate player of live broadcasts for Twitch.tv website.
What is Alternate Player for Twitch.tv?
The 'Alternate Player for Twitch.tv' is an advanced Chrome extension designed to enhance the Twitch viewing experience. It offers smoother playback with less stoppage, an efficient 'audio-only' mode perfect for music listening, and an automatic bonus collection feature. It hides Twitch ads (unless integrated directly into the stream), provides a customizable chat size and location, and represents a efficient usage of computer resources with its less RAM consumption, and rapid start-up. The player is also able to colourize the interface, select audio output devices, alter volume via the mouse wheel, and even allow continued viewing in third-party players like VLC or MX Player. All these features are housed in an user-friendly interface, marking the 'Alternate Player' a distinct upgrade over the standard Twitch player.
Advantages of the player:
• Less stops during playback: if necessary, the player settings can be tuned to your Internet connection.
• Instant replay of the last minutes of the live broadcast, optionally with increased/reduced speed or frame-by-frame.
• Hides Twitch ads. Ads that streamer embeds directly into the stream will be shown.
• “Audio only” mode. Ideal for music listening.
• The extension automatically opens chests with bonus points in chat.
• You can set the size and location of the chat, even while in full-screen mode.
• In chat (for example, attached to the bottom or top side of the window) there is room for much more messages and emotes.
User reviews summary
- Helps to buffer Twitch streams, improving quality
- Blocks Twitch ads
- Maintained by responsive developers
- Doesn't work towards Twitch drops
- Ad issues where the screen turns black instead of blocking ads
- Issues with channel points and features in languages other than English
- Ad blocking feature
- Buffering improvement on Twitch streams
- Lack of functionality for Twitch drops
Alternate Player for Twitch.tv is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Alternate Player for Twitch.tv if you trust the publisher.
Alternate Player for Twitch.tv has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Alternate Player for Twitch.tv: