Gumbo: Twitch Companion
Swollen companion keeping you updated on your Twitch experience
What is Gumbo: Twitch Companion?
Gumbo: Twitch Companion is a Chrome extension that acts as a comprehensive Twitch manager right in your browser. It keeps track of your followed channels, notifies you when a channel goes live, and serves as a quick access point for popular streams and categories. The extension offers customizable settings to fine-tune your Twitch experience. It is the modern successor to Twitch Now, offering enhanced features and functionality.
Gumbo is a spiritual successor to Twitch Now, allowing you to access your Twitch experience outside the main ecosystem.
From its user interface, you can check your followed channels and track live streams, as well as discover the popular streams and categories of the moment, all with the ability to customize your experience through a multitude of preferences at your disposal.
This extension also informs you when a channel goes online or changes category, with the possibility to choose the notifications you want.
- Source code: https://github.com/seldszar/gumbo
- Bugs & suggestions : https://github.com/seldszar/gumbo/issues
- Release notes: https://github.com/seldszar/gumbo/releases
- Translate: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/gumbo
User reviews summary
- Good user interface
- Feature rich
- Great replacement for Twitch Now
- Issues with constant log-in requests
- Unable to properly notify when a channel goes live
- Frequent glitches - stops working or freezes
- Similarity to Twitch Now
- Problems with refresh or update
- Desire for sound notifications
Gumbo: Twitch Companion is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Gumbo: Twitch Companion is very likely to contain malware and should not be trusted. Avoid installing.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Gumbo: Twitch Companion: