Intercept Requests and add custom rules to modify request/response headers, block/redirect requests, modify query params.
What is Request Interceptor?
Request Interceptor is a Chrome extension designed to give control over HTTP requests. It allows the creation of custom rules to modify, redirect or block HTTP requests, throttle responses, and other dynamic adjustments. Useful for developers and those looking to maximize internet usage, this tool offers an easy way to optimize response times, manage request and response HTTP headers, and manipulate HTTP query parameters on-the-go.
This extension helps in building rules(conditions) which when met will help in
- redirect/block http requests
- throttle response of static resources
- add/modify/delete request/response http headers
- add/modify/delete http query parameters
User reviews summary
- Easy to configure and use
- Can add headers to requests and redirect them
- Free and comprehensive function
- Lack of documentation and guidance
- Cannot modify response body or request payload
- Unintuitive interface and issues with saving rules
- Ability to redirect requests
- Lack of ability to modify response or payload
- Need for more comprehensive documentation
Request Interceptor is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Request Interceptor if you trust the publisher.
Request Interceptor has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Request Interceptor: