SSH Agent for Google Chrome™
Provides an SSH Agent implementation for Chrome's Secure Shell extension
What is SSH Agent for Google Chrome™?
SSH Agent for Google Chrome™ is a functional and handy extension that provides an SSH agent implementation. It can easily integrate with the existing Secure Shell Chrome extension, serving as an excellent tool for users who need secure shell capability right within their Google Chrome™ browser environment. Visit the GitHub page for complete usage instructions.
This is a bare-bones SSH agent extension for Google Chrome™. It provides an SSH agent implementation that can be used with the Secure Shell Chrome extension.
See https://github.com/google/chrome-ssh-agent for usage instructions.
User reviews summary
- Works as advertised
- Useful in conjunction with Secure Shell extension
- Provides web alternative to Putty and Pageant on Windows
- Works well with RSA keys
- Works well on Chromebook
- Difficulty understanding how to use the plug-in
- Can't work with Secure Shell extension
- Doesn't support ed25519 keys
- Works well with Secure Shell app
- Useful for SSH on Chromebook
- Support for additional key types requested
SSH Agent for Google Chrome™ is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
SSH Agent for Google Chrome™ is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this extension.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to SSH Agent for Google Chrome™: