SSHGate ssh client and terminal emulator
Open SSH client sessions with a terminal emulator
What is SSHGate ssh client and terminal emulator?
"SSHGate ssh client and terminal emulator" is a Chrome extension that offers an advanced web-based terminal emulator and SSH client. It supports multi-user and multi-terminal sessions, along with advanced terminal emulation such as 256 colors and fancy text styles. Additionally, it supports Unicode, international keyboard layouts, and localized strings. It allows natural copy & paste, session resuming, RSA, DSA, ECDSA, X.509 certificates, and host tracking. All terminal session activities can be logged and viewed in HTML format. It doesn't require any browser plugins and thus avoids any typical security issues.
SSHGate is a SSH client and web-based Terminal Emulator that brings the power of the command line to the web. Its main features are:
- Multi-user and multi-terminal so that hundreds of simultaneous users and terminals can be served.
- Advanced terminal emulation including support for 256 colors, fancy text styles, and more.
- Supports Unicode, international keyboard layouts, and localized strings (internationalization or i18n).
- Natural copy & paste: Highlight text and use your browser's native context menu.
- Allow to resume terminal sessions even although the web browser is closed or disconnected.
- Key-based authentication and support RSA, DSA, ECDSA, and X.509 certificates.
- Track of all your hosts with functionalities like tagging, sorting, and fast search.
- Log Viewer that provides functionalities like sorting, viewing and recordings of terminal sessions to HTML files.
- No browser plugins required so it has not the security problems of Java, Flash, and ActiveX.
User reviews summary
- Thanked by a user
- Just a shortcut to a website with ads
- Unresponsive black box with ads
- Doesn't secure user's data
- Doesn't support local hosts behind a router using NAT
- Ads around the application
- Not an actual app, but a shortcut to a website
SSHGate ssh client and terminal emulator is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
SSHGate ssh client and terminal emulator is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this extension.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to SSHGate ssh client and terminal emulator: