iCloud Passwords lets you fill passwords from iCloud Keychain when signing in to websites using Chrome.
What is iCloud Passwords?
iCloud Passwords is a Chrome extension that facilitates secure password filling from your iCloud Keychain during sign-ins on websites. It also allows new passwords to be saved to iCloud Keychain, making them available across all your Apple devices. Additionally, it can generate verification codes when set up with a QR code. The extension is compatible with macOS Sonoma and supported Windows versions via the iCloud for Windows app.
iCloud Passwords lets you securely fill passwords from iCloud Keychain when signing in to websites using Chrome. Any new passwords you create in Chrome are saved to your iCloud Keychain so that they are also available across your Apple devices. The extension can also generate verification codes, which you can set up by right-clicking on a QR code.
The iCloud Passwords extension is compatible with macOS Sonoma and Windows versions supported by the iCloud for Windows app. To enable the extension on a PC, download the iCloud for Windows app from the Microsoft Store and enable iCloud Passwords.
Version 2.1 includes improvements to page loading performance.
User reviews summary
- Helpful for syncing passwords between Safari and Chrome, allows users to move off Safari to Chrome while retaining password access
- Appreciation for multiplatform support, especially on Mac OS Sonoma
- Some users find it generally functional and are happy with it
- The extension is frequently asking for two-factor authentication, causing annoyance for users
- Extension not working with certain Chrome versions, notably 119.0.6045.160
- The plugin does not seem to save passwords, only allowing access to existing ones
- Unstable and requires seemingly unnecessary steps to access passwords
- Poor integration with windows and pc chrome browser
- Issues with two-factor authentication popup
- Inability to save passwords
- Frequent compatibility issues with various Chrome versions
- Lack of customization and configuration options
- Poor windows integration
iCloud Passwords is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install iCloud Passwords if you trust the publisher.
iCloud Passwords has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to iCloud Passwords: