Text reader (TTS) that simplifies vocabulary, translates text, reads inaccessible text (OCR), and captures and cites sources.
Snap&Read is available to install from Chrome Web Store and for download from this page. It has 2,929,920 weekly active users The latest version is 188.8.131.525, and it was published a month ago.
Total download count: 31
All available versions
You can find the current and older versions of Snap&Read here. You can download the archived versions or inspect their source codes.
As a free user, you can access up to 5 versions. Subscribe to the paid version of ChromeStats to access more available versions.
How to install Snap&Read from a CRX file
- Download the Snap&Read CRX file .
- NOTE: Sometimes the browser may block downloading / installing CRX file from outside the Chrome Web Store. If so, you may need to download the ZIP file instead.
- In the URL bar, go to
- Enable Developer mode
- Drag and drop the downloaded Snap&Read CRX file into the Extensions page
- When prompted, click Add extension to install Snap&Read.
How to install Snap&Read from a ZIP file
- Download and unpack the Snap&Read ZIP file to a directory of your choice.
- In Chrome browser, go to
- Enable Developer mode.
- Click on the Load Unpacked button.
- Select the directory of with the unpacked Snap&Read ZIP file from step 1. Snap&Read is now installed on your browser.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Snap&Read:
User count: 1,168
This extension makes reading on Chrome easy and audible
User count: 3,928,143
Screenshot reading support for Read&Write for Google Chrome™
Read&Write for Google Chrome™
User count: 10,000,000+
Boost reading and writing confidence across all types of content and devices, in class, at work, and at home.