Screenshot reading support for Read&Write for Google Chrome™
What is Screenshot reader?
"Screenshot Reader" is a Chrome extension aimed at enhancing the functionality of Read & Write for Google Chrome. Primarily, it provides OCR (Optical Character Recognition) support for users that allows them to capture in-depth details from the screenshots. The extension should be installed only if the user desires to enable the screenshot reading feature that was introduced in December 2016.
This extension provides OCR for users of Read & Write for Google Chrome. You should not install this extension unless you want to enable the new screenshot reading functionality released in December 2016
User reviews summary
- Can read text in screenshots
- Allows copy-pasting of text from screenshot
- Useful for school or work
- Works well on Mac
- Doesn't work on some devices
- Slow performance
- May not be intuitive to use
- May stop working after a week and require re-downloading
- May have technical issues and not work at all
- May cause pop-up notifications or be difficult to remove
- Doesn't work
- Not intuitive
- May stop working
- May have technical issues
- Pop-up notifications
- Difficult to remove
Screenshot reader is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Screenshot reader if you trust the publisher.
Screenshot reader has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Screenshot reader: