Tranquility Reader improves the readability of web articles by removing unnecessary elements
What is Tranquility Reader?
Tranquility Reader is a user-friendly Chrome extension designed to enhance reading online articles. It enhances readability by eliminating unnecessary elements such as ads, images, and social share widgets. It offers functional benefits that include offline content saving, export/import features, customization of fonts and colors, creation and management of own preset configurations, and annotation features. All the processing and data storage is local to your browser ensuring user’s data privacy.
Tranquility Reader improves the readability of web articles by removing unnecessary elements like ads, images, social share widgets, and more.
- Click the navigation-bar icon to transform the page on Desktop
Compatible with NoScript
Save content offline for reading later (the tranquility view is saved locally on your computer)
Ability to export/import the offline content.
Ability to customize default font, font-size, font color, background color, and width of the reading area (you can use https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp to pick a suitable color code—thanks to user JA for feedback on this!)
User reviews summary
- Great customization options such as defining, naming and saving presets
- Completely declutters webpage, adjusts font type and size, and text display
- Has a 'night mode'
- Faster and Works better on Firefox
- Does not work well on chrome
- Poor performance in bypassing paywalls
- Doesn't allow changing background and font colors
- Doesn't open links in Reader View
- Doesn't offer image on/off option
- Design is not modern
- Lacks a keyboard shortcut
- Performance issues on chrome
- Night mode color scheme cannot be changed
- No keyboard shortcut
Tranquility Reader is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
Tranquility Reader has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Tranquility Reader: