Fika - Reader Mode
A Kindle-like reading experience for the web.
What is Fika - Reader Mode?
Fika - Reader Mode is a Chrome extension designed for those who seek a serene digital reading experience. It filters the unnecessary distractions like ads and pop-ups from a webpage and presents the main content in a clean, Kindle-like layout. In addition, Fika augments your reading comfort with features like charming themes, font adjustments, a table of content, and a photo background option. Notably, the autopilot function allows direct access to a serene reading mode on whitelisted websites. Fika was awarded the 100% CLEAN Softpedia award and recognized as Producthunt's #3 Product of the Day.
Fika is where you can immerse in reading. Navigator, Ads, Popups and horrible layouts always interfere with reading. Fika is a tool which can help you extract the main content from the webpage and present it in a peaceful reading mode. Other than that, Fika retrieves the table of content and offers four delightful themes: Vanilla, Latte, Blabar, Licorice.
** Producthunt #3 Product of the Day ** ** 100% CLEAN Softpedia award **
Features and Offering: • Reading Mode • Delightful Themes • Font adjustments • Table of Content • Photo Background • Autopilot whitelisted websites • Fullscreen
User reviews summary
- The extension loads pages quickly and removes unnecessary elements, providing a distraction-free reading mode.
- The extension is great for online reading and creates an article outline on the side.
- Many users find the extension very useful and consider it the best reader they've tried.
- Some users have reported that the extension is not very customizable and they experience issues with certain functions such as theme customization button and config pane covering scrollbar.
- Few users report issues with extension working correctly on some websites and causing visibility issues with toolbar on Google search pages in Chrome and Edge browsers.
- There are also complaints about the extension loading multiple images in the background on every page, which can be disruptive especially for developers.
- Fast loading and readability enhancement benefits of the extension.
- The issues with customization and functional errors on some websites.
- Requests for more features such as auto day and night mode, ability to change background, and hot-keys.
Fika - Reader Mode is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Fika - Reader Mode if you trust the publisher.
Fika - Reader Mode has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Fika - Reader Mode: