A feature-packed, customizable reader extension.
What is Just Read?
Just Read is a robust Chrome extension providing a distraction-free online reading setting. It eliminates page styles, ads, popups and comments, letting users focus solely on the content. Just Read features AI summarization, flexible themes and modes, keyboard accessibility, AI meta data editing and provision for user-specific styling. It even allows auto-run on specific domains. Premium users enjoy advanced features like permanent saves, sharing, annotations, auto-scrolling, and more. This extension strictly adheres to privacy standards.
Just Read is a feature-packed and customizable reader view.
With one click (or less!), you can remove distractions like:
- The page's styling
And read the article in a customizable, simplified format - like a read mode but better!
- Summarize the article using AI.
- Use the default white and dark themes.
- Modify your theme using a graphical editor or CSS.
- Use a theme someone else has made (found at https://goo.gl/Z59SM4 ).
User reviews summary
- Saves time
- Makes reading easier and less distracting
- Customizable themes and colors
- Lightweight and fast
- Premium features are worthwhile
- Not very user friendly for those not familiar with GitHub
- Some users reported it as slow to load pages
- Does not work properly on some websites (e.g., Medium, NYTimes, translated websites)
- Requires knowledge of code to customize
- Consumes too much RAM
- Makes online reading less distracting
- Can set to dark mode
- Problems with certain websites
- Not the most user friendly
Just Read is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Just Read if you trust the publisher.
Just Read has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Just Read: