Dark theme for every website. Care your eyes, use Dark Reader for night and daily browsing.
What is Illumify?
Illumify is a versatile Chrome extension that converts any website’s theme into a dark mode, increasing the contrast for improved readability. It also includes color blind correction options to cater to various types of color blindness. Users can customize settings such as brightness, contrast, sepia filter, font, and text size for personalised browsing. This extension is an ad-free, privacy-friendly derivative of Dark Reader and aims to be fully open-source.
Illumify visualization tool enables night mode creating dark themes and themes featuring color blind correction. Illumify inverts bright colors giving them more contrast and making them easier to see.
You can adjust brightness, contrast, sepia filter, dark mode, font settings, text size, as well as change various color blind options.
Color blind options include: changing link colors for visited and uninvited sites, having color values display via text popup when hovering the mouse over the web page, and a color blind correction filter that adjusts based on the type of color blindness and the sensitivity of an individual. While these features are all working, they are still under development and may behave strangely.
Illumify is a fork of Dark Reader. It does not show ads and does not send user's data anywhere. It will be fully open-source in the near future. https://github.com/darkreader/darkreader https://github.com/agatt1/Illumify App feedback can be given here: https://marquette.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9ZaufkfIR6luDSR
User reviews summary
- Works on most sites without adjustment
- Compatible with multiple browsers (Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi)
- Doesn't darken pictures or videos
- Possible to adjust colors and toggle individual sites
- No payment needed
- Breaks some websites
- Lack of customizability for specific sites
- Sometimes darkens/inverts website logos
- Last update was two years ago
- Dark/light switch doesn't change the theme
- Effective dark mode functionality
- Compatibility with various websites
- Desire for more customizability
- Relatively better performance than similar extensions
- Useful for web development
Illumify is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Illumify if you trust the publisher.
Illumify has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Illumify: