Global Dark Style
A configure dark theme with exception list to change everything to real dark
What is Global Dark Style?
'Global Dark Style' is a Chrome extension that applies a universal dark theme to all web pages. It not only changes all pages to a comfortable dark style, but provides you the flexibility to disable on certain hostnames, inject custom CSS rules for each domain, and append your own global CSS rules. The extension uses a non-persistent background page ensuring minimal resource usage.
This extension applies a universal dark theme to all web pages. Basically, the extension inserts a small set of CSS rules on every page load to convert the site's style to dark theme. This extension provides the following customizations:
- You can disable it on one or several hostnames if the website already supports its own dark style.
- You can inject custom CSS rules for each domain
- You can append the default rules with your own global CSS rules.
Note that this extension uses non-persistent background page to prevent resource usage when it is inactive.
The default dark theme is based on the "Global dark style - changes everything to DARK" by stormi
User reviews summary
- Works on most websites
- Simple to use
- Does not require page reload
- Doesn't work with Google Docs and Sheets
- Cannot remove black background image
- Issues with video content obscuring
- Darkens web pages effectively
- Needs improvements on working with some Google applications
- Helpful for users with eye strain
Global Dark Style is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Global Dark Style if you trust the publisher.
Global Dark Style has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Global Dark Style: