Pass the Plebs
Adds Polyratings (and much more) to PASS!
What is Pass the Plebs?
'Pass the Plebs' is a browser utility designed for Cal Poly students. This Chrome extension enhances the PASS registration system by integrating Polyratings, parallel to a host of other user-friendly features. These include color-coded instructor ratings, comprehensive Polyratings search, easy class selection/deselection, course description toggle, and options to filter out unavailable classes. It aims to streamline and simplify the otherwise stressful registration process.
This tool adds many useful features, such as Polyratings integration, to PASS. It was created with the goal of simplifying the (stressful) registration process for Cal Poly students.
- Polyrating and number of evaluations appear next to the instructor's name (if they exist)
- Background behind the instructor's name changes color corresponding to their rating
- Click on any teacher's name to see their full Polyratings page (if it exists)
- Search Polyratings for teachers and classes from the Chrome search bar (keyword is 'rating')
- Options to gray out or hide classes that are closed, cancelled, conflict with your schedule, or have STAFF listed as the instructor
- Checkbox at the top of each class list to select/unselect all classes at once
- Click on any section header to toggle showing/hiding the course description
- Errors list is now part of the sidebar instead of on top of the class listings
For those interested, source can be found here: https://github.com/timstoddard/PassThePlebs
Pass the Plebs may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Pass the Plebs has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Pass the Plebs: