Pause - Stop Mindless Browsing
Pause distracting websites before they open. Be mindful and intentional with your browsing using this simple extension.
What is Pause - Stop Mindless Browsing?
Pause - Stop Mindless Browsing is a user-friendly Chrome extension that breaks the distraction cycle by offering brief pauses before potentially distracting sites load. The user can choose to continue or opt for temporary blocking, thereby promoting intentional browsing. The extension comes with inbuilt popular distracting sites, customizable timeouts, and assured data privacy.
Pause breaks the cycle of distraction and mindless browsing and helps you be more focused, productive, and intentional with your technology use.
When you open a distracting website, Pause creates a gentle interruption by displaying a calming green screen. After pausing for five seconds (adjustable), you can choose to continue to the site, remain on the green screen with the site temporarily blocked, or close the tab.
The interruption created by Pause gently nudges you to make informed, intentional decisions about how you are spending your time.
Pause comes pre-seeded with a list of 50 top distracting websites, which you can add to or edit as needed.
You can also adjust the length of the Pause time (5 seconds is the default.)
Keep Pause enabled in your browser. It’s a simple and powerful tool to help you control distraction and create more mindful browsing habits that will help you stay focused.
Pause is a product of Freedom Labs, where we develop new ways to meaningfully interact with technology. Like our other extensions, Pause is highly privacy-conscious. None of your data is sent anywhere (the cloud, our servers, etc.) It remains secure on your own device. Learn more about Freedom here: https://freedom.to
User reviews summary
- Helps to stop mindless browsing and distractions
- Simple and lightweight
- Customizable pause messages and durations (suggested by users)
- Easy to bypass the blocking by just clicking on the extension
- Does not work on certain sites like 4chan or in incognito mode properly
- Lacks some features like regex for URLs, pausing between pages on the same website, and more specific time controls
- Users want more robust blocking methods that are harder to circumvent
- Requests for adding features like waiting periods on sites, regex for URLs, and customization options
- Issues with the extension not working consistently or not working on specific websites
Pause - Stop Mindless Browsing may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Pause - Stop Mindless Browsing has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Pause - Stop Mindless Browsing: