A quick and easy cure for Endless Scrolling Syndrome.
What is Delayed Gratification?
'Delayed Gratification' is a Chrome extension designed to curb endless scrolling habits. When you attempt to visit a time-consuming website, the extension gives you 15 seconds to rethink your action. This delays the immediate gratification of mindlessly scrolling and helps improve your digital wellness. Customize your list of 'bad websites' and time settings by clicking on the hourglass icon in your browser.
Every time you tab into a time-eating website, Delayed Gratification gives you 15 seconds to make sure you actually wanted to do that. Because, let's face it, it's mostly just muscle memory at this point.
Click on the hourglass icon in your browser to add "bad websites" and update your time settings.
NOTE: Delayed Gratification is currently in beta. Please contact email@example.com with any bugs or suggestions.
User reviews summary
- Effective in managing procrastination and distraction
- Does not block an entire domain, can block specific parts of a website
- Funny and motivational delay messages
- Minimalist design
- Option to set own wait time
- Limited customisation options for time settings
- Does not function when the tab is inactive
- Some users have experienced issues with the blocking mechanism
- No option to disable during specific timeslots
- Need more flexibility in timing options
- Requests for adding custom sounds, images, or text during the wait time
- A feature to only have the extension active at certain times
- A functionality for timer only working when the tab is active
- An option to use custom images or sounds during delay
Delayed Gratification may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Delayed Gratification has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Delayed Gratification: