PassBrow: Browser Password/Site Blocking
Protect your browser with a synced password on any browser using the same account and keep any site you want blocked.
What is PassBrow: Browser Password/Site Blocking?
PassBrow: Browser Password/Site Blocking is a Chrome extension that allows you to secure your browser with a password. This password gets synced across any browser using the same account for consistent protection. The extension also offers website blocking functionality, enabling users to block specific sites for increased internet safety. Available in free and paid versions, PassBrow offers optional upgrades such as auto-lock, keyboard shortcut lock, extension popup protection and more.
Also available for Firefox, Chromium, Edge, Brava and Opera browsers.
PassBrow is offered in trial mode, being able to use its main functionality (protect the browser with a password) 10 times a day in the free version and unlimited in the paid version. It is possible to unlock using a code, sent to the email or using the code generated by PassBrow-Authenticator. With PassBrow-Authenticator it is also possible to read the QR Code generated in the extension, all of the above options being optional.
In the free and paid version, it is also possible, through the extension's popup, to generate alphanumeric passwords and with some special characters.
In its paid version, all features are released:
- disable browser lock without having to remove password
- lock with keyboard shortcut
- auto lock after some time
- lock if browser is inactive
- lock using Omnibox
- hide personal data in login and license
- protect extension popup with password
User reviews summary
- Good for shared computers
- Works well when functioning properly
- Customer satisfaction when the purchase is made
- Many reports of password recovery failure
- Needs to type in a code sent by email giving access troubles
- Paid version needed for key features such as blocking individual websites
- Extension can be easily removed eliminating its functionality
- Issues with the auto-lock feature
- Problems with password entry and recovery
- Concerns about security and privacy, especially regarding Paypal access
- Pricing and paid version features
PassBrow: Browser Password/Site Blocking may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
PassBrow: Browser Password/Site Blocking is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this extension.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to PassBrow: Browser Password/Site Blocking: