IBM Aspera Connect
Enables high-speed Aspera transfers.
What is IBM Aspera Connect?
IBM Aspera Connect is a Chrome extension that enables users to move large files quickly from their computers to an IBM Aspera server. It utilizes the FASP protocol for faster file transfers compared to TCP/IP transfer speeds. An account on an Aspera server is required to start transferring files. The extension only activates on sites that use IBM Aspera for file transfers, and it doesn't store any personal information.
This extension enables the use of IBM Aspera Connect with Chrome. This extension requires the IBM Aspera Connect application, version 3.9.0 or newer.
The purpose of this extension and the corresponding desktop application is to move large files FAST from your computer to an IBM Aspera server. You need to have an account on an Aspera server to move files.
FASP is the protocol used to move files much faster than is possible over TCP/IP. The application has to be where the network is.
Privacy statement: This extension is activated only by websites that integrate IBM Aspera to transfer files. This extension does not read or store any personal information.
User reviews summary
- Works fine.
- I am running Chrome on Ubuntu and have had no issues downloading datasets from The Cancer Imaging Archive.
- Garbage that shouldn't exist
- Works sometimes, then bugs out
- my work computer blocked it
- Forcing people into some weird extensions for file upload
- It works, but it's too much trouble for just downloading a file
- Rarely works
- besides the Chernobyl 1986 User Experience, it does not work
- Probably steals your data
- Terrible terrible experience
- This is the worst piece of software I have used in my life
- Never works as expected
- This sucks
- Terrible customer experience and UI
- Screwed my PC
- I don't want to use this, yet being forced to do so
- Does this actually work?
- I dont know why the software cannot be installed successfully, EVERY time!!!
- On Linux, fails to launch and interact with the local client
- Terrible functionality, no fixes or stability improvements
- Total garbage! Does not work with Safari
- Annoying having to download software to receive transfers
- Profiles cannot be downloaded via this project
- Aspera wants to run all the time
- The only reason I have to use this ridiculous app is to appease some CIO's delusional belief that this app is more secure for file sharing than the 1MM other options available today
IBM Aspera Connect is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install IBM Aspera Connect if you trust the publisher.
IBM Aspera Connect has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to IBM Aspera Connect: