A keyboard centric most recently used (MRU) ordered page list plugin with seek and switch functionality inspired by IntelliJ IDEA
What is Quick Tabs?
Quick Tabs is a Google Chrome extension that enhances tab management by offering keyboard centric most recently used (MRU) ordered page list plugin with search and switch functionality. It enables users to swiftly move between recently used tabs without mouse navigation, locate and switch between large numbers of open tabs efficiently. Additional features include, tab and bookmark search, history search, custom CSS styling, browsing history access, and tab management commands.
Quick Tabs is a tab management browser extension for the Google Chrome web browser based on the "Recent Files" quick selector built into the excellent IntelliJ IDEA by Jetbrains.
Quick Tabs allows you to move quickly between recently used tabs without requiring the use of your mouse, locate and switch to tabs as you need them with minimal keystrokes even when you have large numbers of open tabs.
Visit the Quick Tabs google extensions page to install and try it out ...
- Lists all the open tabs in Chrome across all of your open windows
- Tabs are listed in most recently used (MRU) order and excludes the current tab (since you're switching tabs)
- Fuzzy search your bookmarks:
- Bookmarks are automatically searched when only a few tabs match your search string
- Add a space at the start or end of your search string to search bookmarks along with tabs
- Start your search with
/bor add two spaces at the start or end of your search string to search only bookmarks
- delete bookmarks directly from the search results by clicking the 'x'
User reviews summary
- Quick Tab is great for handling multiple tabs, enhancing productivity.
- It allows you to search for tabs and close them fast.
- It provides a clean and minimalistic design. People also appreciate the open-source nature of the extension
- There are issues with it not working properly sometimes, such as switching to random tabs.
- Stops working when there are too many tabs open.
- The extension doesn't display numbers well on dark mode in browsers.
- Helps manage multiple tabs effectively.
- There are occasional glitches.
- Improves productivity.
- Clean and minimalistic design.
- Issues with visibility in dark mode.
Quick Tabs may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Quick Tabs has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Quick Tabs: