RESTMan is a browser extension to work on http requests.
What is RestMan?
RestMan is a highly efficient Chrome extension designed to interact with REST APIs over HTTP and HTTPS. It facilitates easy input of urls, method selection, and response tracking. Not just retaining the traditional HTTP methods such as GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, the extension accommodates PATCH as well. The extension features an improved history dialog, an HTML preview for responses, and a dark theme based on material design colors. Regular updates ensure the tool's performance remains optimized and resources are only utilized when in use.
RESTMan is an extension to work on REST APIs over http and https.
How to use:
Click on the RESTMan Icon that displays on your taskbar.
Type the url in the main input field and choose the method to use: GET/POST/PUT/DELETE/PATCH.
Click on the arrow "Send" or press Ctrl+Enter.
You'll see info about the response (time, size, type) and you'll be able to see the content response in the response section.
User reviews summary
- Simple and useful for developers
- Enables easy debugging of POST methods
- Faster than Postman for simple tasks
- Integrates with browser authentication cookies
- Good basic functionality
- Cannot easily POST JSON data
- Does not support disabling of redirects
- Needs manual setting of content-type header
- Does not display redirect information well
- Lacks clickable links in the response
- Postman comparison
- Ease of use
- Missing features (redirect handling, content-type automation)
- Debugging capabilities
- Support for cookies
RestMan may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
RestMan has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to RestMan: