Show links to existing PubPeer comments
What is PubPeer?
The 'PubPeer' extension is a proficient tool built to assist users in accessing peer comments on various articles. It operates by flashing alerts to the user if the said article possesses any comments on PubPeer, a widely respected platform for post-publication peer review. Lightweight and low maintenance, this is an excellent aid for anyone involved in academic research. Note: PubPeer and this extension are not affiliated with PubMed or any journals.
This plugin indicates PubPeer comments wherever they appear. A lightweight plugin to install and forget about. You will only notice that the plugin exists when it alerts you that an article has comments on PubPeer.
*No affiliation with the PubMed nor any journals.
User reviews summary
- Important tool for transparency in science
- Works on many websites
- Displays notifications on PubMed, journal websites, and search engines
- Page contents suddenly shift down when PubPeer bar appears
- Random pop-ups on non-pubpeer pages
- API response time can take long, causing pages to freeze
- Value in promoting transparency and open comments in science
- Issues with PubPeer bar effects on webpage layout
- Issues with irrelevant or unrelated notifications
PubPeer may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
PubPeer has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to PubPeer: