Selenium Page Object Generator
A nimble and flexible Selenium Page Object Model generator to improve agile testing process velocity.
What is Selenium Page Object Generator?
Selenium Page Object Generator is a Chrome extension developed to optimize agile testing. It reduces manual involvement by auto-generating Page Object Models on active Chrome tabs. Using Handlebars.js expressions, it produces clean, logic-less semantic templates. While it's currently in BETA with support for Java, C#, and Robot Framework, it's an excellent tool for individuals and entities looking to streamline their web page testing procedures. Regular updates and bug fixes demonstrate active product improvement.
Selenium Page Object Generator is an essential tool to improve your workflow. It will generate Page Object Model on active Chrome tab with a single click, provided that all the options and template are configured. The generated Page Object Model will be saved to pre-configured Chrome download folder. It strives to reduce manual involvement, but manual tweak still recommended.
The template is using Handlebars.js expression, a clean logic-less semantic templating language.
This is an early BETA release, it expected to have rough edges, and limited functionality. It currently support 3 different targets: Java, C#, and Robot Framework.
*** "Restore to Factory Options" required to take advantage of latest changes ***
For more information on how to use the generated Page Object file:
User reviews summary
- Saves time in generating page objects
- Useful for generating basic page objects
- Good for simple pages
- Great idea
- Handy extension
- Helps reduce automation time
- Highly recommended
- Awesome tool
- Works cool
- Fantastic for small pages
- Immense help
- Loving it
- No explanation on where to find the downloaded file
- Generated file may not be accurate
- Cannot read property 'close' of undefined error
- Does not identify elements by data-test-id attributes
- Generates return type Page name for all methods
- Ridiculous description
- Generates repeated boilerplate code
- Does not capture elements in IFrames
- Does not work for certain product pages
- Not working with Angular 2 pages
- Timed out and never completed
- Does not work for larger pages
- Needs customization for UI rich pages
- page objects
- not working
- works cool
- small pages
Selenium Page Object Generator is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Selenium Page Object Generator has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Selenium Page Object Generator: