POM Builder – Auto-generate CSS/XPath Locator
Instantly auto-generate the most robust locator including Xpath, CSS selector and more for use with Selenium or Protractor.
What is POM Builder – Auto-generate CSS/XPath Locator?
The 'POM Builder – Auto-generate CSS/XPath Locator' is a Chrome extension designed for test automation engineers. It instantly provides robust locators like XPath, CSS selector, and more for web elements. These locators are built for compatibility with Selenium, Protractor, Robot Framework, webdriver.io, and TestArchitect Automation Suite. POM Builder smartly generates stable, short and understandable locators while ignoring dynamic IDs. It also offers a testing function to verify locators' unique identification ability. POM Builder even assists in generating POM code for your project.
Save time by letting POM Builder instantly suggest the most reliable locator for your inspected web element. The suggestion might be either XPath, CSS selector, By.id, By.name, By.linkText, etc. You can use these locators for all automation frameworks including Selenium, Protractor, Robot Framework, webdriver.io, TestArchitect Enterprise and TestArchitect Gondola.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Test automation engineers who specialize in web testing using Selenium, Protractor, Robot Framework, webdriver.io and TestArchitect Automation Suite.
WHY USE IT? SMART GEN
- POM Builder automatically generates the best locator for your web element of interest. The best locator should be  short,  reliable and  easy to understand.
- POM Builder’s smart algorithm automatically detects and ignores dynamic IDs generated by some front-end frameworks.
- If you don’t want to use the suggested locator or if your project’s convention dictates a certain type of locators, you can manually select the locator type that fits you best.
- You can evaluate the suggested locator or your customized locator to check whether that locator can uniquely identify the web element of interest.
POM CODE GEN
User reviews summary
- Easy to use
- Saves a lot of time
- Useful for locating Web Elements
- Copy functionality fails
- Needs to reload chrome for proper function
- Issues with copying locator after right clicking an element
- Saves time
- Issues with copying
- Useful tool
POM Builder – Auto-generate CSS/XPath Locator is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install POM Builder – Auto-generate CSS/XPath Locator if you trust the publisher.
POM Builder – Auto-generate CSS/XPath Locator has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to POM Builder – Auto-generate CSS/XPath Locator: