Maximum protection for your browser: NoScript allows active content only for trusted domains of your choice to prevent exploitation.
What is NoScript?
NoScript 11.x: finally a cross-browser NoScript for Chrome, Chromium and Firefox-based web clients. Please report any issue at https://noscript.net/forum in the Support section with [Chrome] in the subject. For the more technical inclined, bug reports and/or contributions at https://github.com/hackademix/noscript/ (source code repository).
Winner of the "PC World World Class Award" and bundled with the Tor Browser, NoScript gives you with the best available protection on the web.
It protects your "trust boundaries" against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS), cross-zone DNS rebinding / CSRF attacks (router hacking), and Clickjacking attempts.
Such a preemptive approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even unknown!) with no loss of functionality where you need it. Experts do agree: your browser is really safer with NoScript ;-)
User reviews summary
- Offers control over each website's scripts
- Improves website load times by blocking trackers
- Helpful for blocking unwanted scripts and invasive ads
- Often breaks website functionality, requiring manual whitelisting
- Issues with saving 'trusted' settings
- Difficult to use for beginners, with unclear guidance on what to trust
- Website functionality issues
- Requires manual intervention for optimal use
- Control over scripts
NoScript is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install NoScript if you trust the publisher.
NoScript has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to NoScript: