Chrome Developer Tools extension for jQuery development
What is jQuery Debugger?
"jQuery Debugger" is a dynamic Chrome DevTools extension built for effective jQuery development. The extension comes with a new Selector Inspector panel tailored to inspect jQuery selectors, simplifying their usage on any website. Additional features include two new sidebars on the Elements panel. One is the jQuery Data sidebar, which presents the jQuery and HTML5 data of selected elements. The second one, the jQuery Events sidebar, showcases the event handlers of the selected element, also encompassing events that are live or delegated on other elements impacting the selected element.
New Selector Inspector panel Comfortably inspect your jQuery selectors, and watch their matching elements displayed on any website. Designed to help you understand easily even the most complex selectors.
Two new sidebars on the Elements panel jQuery Data sidebar - shows the jQuery and HTML5 data of the selected element. jQuery Events sidebar - shows the event handlers of the selected element, including events that are live or delegated on other elements which have an affect on the selected element.
User reviews summary
- Useful jQuery Selector inspector
- Helpful in learning and progressing in web development
- Doesn't adapt well to the dark style of the developer tools
- Doesn't work with some versions of Chrome
- Lack of getting started documentation
- Doesn't allow selecting or copying of event code
- Useful for web development and debugging
- Incompatibility with certain Chrome versions and dark theme
- Issues with event code inspection
jQuery Debugger is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
jQuery Debugger has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to jQuery Debugger: