Protect against data profiling by search engines
TrackMeNot is available for download. It had 20,000 weekly active users before it was removed from Chrome Web Store on 2022-05-19, and it has been downloaded from Chrome-Stats 24 times. The latest version is 0.10.43, and it was published 2 years ago. Be careful when installing it.
All available versions
You can find the current and older versions of TrackMeNot here. You can download the archived versions or inspect their source codes.
As a free user, you can only download the latest version. Subscribe to the paid version of Chrome-Stats to access more available versions.
|0.10.43||Sign in to download||120.52K||24||2022-02-09|
How to install TrackMeNot from a CRX file
Option 1: The easy way (for Windows users only)
- Download and run allow-chrome-stats.reg file on your PC. This method will allow you to install Chrome extensions directly from chrome-stats.com in one click. You only need to do this once!
- Type in
chrome://restartin the URL bar to restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
- Download and install the TrackMeNot CRX file
Option 2: Advanced method
- Download TrackMeNot CRX file
- NOTE: Sometimes the browser may block downloading / installing CRX file from outside the Chrome Web Store. If so, you may need to use option 1, or download the ZIP file instead.
- In the URL bar, go to
- Enable Developer mode
- Drag and drop the downloaded TrackMeNot CRX file into the Extensions page
- When prompted, click Add extension to install TrackMeNot.
How to install TrackMeNot from a ZIP file
- Download and unpack the TrackMeNot ZIP file to a directory of your choice.
- In Chrome browser, go to
- Enable Developer mode.
- Click on the Load Unpacked button.
- Select the directory of with the unpacked TrackMeNot ZIP file from step 1. TrackMeNot is now installed on your browser.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to TrackMeNot: