Protects you against tracking through CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) by redirecting to local resources.
What is LocalCDN?
'LocalCDN' is a browser extension that offers enhanced online privacy. It emulates Content Delivery Networks (CDN) to prevent tracking, by intercepting traffic, finding supported resources, and injecting them locally. No configuration is needed for this automatic protection. The extension includes a rich library of frameworks, manages synchronization with Firefox Sync or a designated server and provides useful notifications for rule changes. This extension is purely local, with no external connections initiated by itself, maintaining user privacy at a maximum.
NOTE: This is the UNOFFICIAL publication of the Extension. For more informations please checkout: https://gitlab.com/nobody42/localcdn/-/issues/2
LocalCDN is a web browser extension that emulates Content Delivery Networks to improve your online privacy. It intercepts traffic, finds supported resources locally, and injects them into the environment. All of this happens automatically, so no prior configuration is required.
Differences between LocalCDN and Decentraleyes
LocalCDN contains a big collection of frameworks and useful functions.
- New: Sync extension settings with Firefox Sync or own server
- Includes Rocket Loader, Findify, Vue.js, page.js, lozad, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Google Material Icons, React, Vue, Chart.js and much more. The list will be continuously updated.
- Includes Font Awesome in different version (v3.x, v4.x, v5.x)
- Prepared rules for uBlock Origin/uMatrix/AdGuard and notifications if rule changes are necessary
- Removes integrity/crossorigin attributes to replace more frameworks
User reviews summary
- Works effectively on various browsers including Brave and Yandex
- Good alternative to Decentraleyes with more features
- Regularly updated with support for more domains
- Enhances online privacy and internet speed
- Supportive developer
- Can cause some websites to break or load slower
- Functionality issues on certain sites like alienwarearena
- Causes lag and slowdowns in navigation on certain browsers
- Installation can be hassle for little benefit
- Issues with the counter not working on Chrome were reported
- Good alternative to Decentraleyes
- Works on multiple browsers
- Regularly updated
- Can cause websites to break or load slower
- Enhance privacy and internet speed
LocalCDN is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install LocalCDN if you trust the publisher.
LocalCDN has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to LocalCDN: