New Tab to Tasks
A simple extension that makes your New Tab Page be your Google Tasks.
What is New Tab to Tasks?
'New Tab to Tasks' is a Google Chrome extension that seamlessly redirects your New Tab page to Google Tasks. This tool helps in task management by increasing visibility and accessibility of your task list, hopefully leading to increased productivity. With recent updates, the extension lessens the chance of losing urls while navigating quickly and has an optional suffix on the url. It may also support Google Apps for Your Domain.
Minimalistic redirection of your New Tab page to Google Tasks.
It's nice to have it in Mail, Calendar, etc. except I forget to look at it. This way I tend to see and hopefully do the things more often.
Update, version 4: attempted fix the "losing url when you open a new tab and paste a new url quickly"-problem. Let me know if you still run into problems (wish this silly forum sent notifications :/)
Version 5: Should work with the new app store format now.
Version 6: Options page with optional suffix on url, and possibly Google Apps for Your Domain. I'm not sure it works as tasks doesn't really seem to support multi-login.
User reviews summary
- The app is simple and convenient to use
- It integrates well with the Google ecosystem, easily syncing with Google Calendar and across multiple devices
- Helps users stay focused on their tasks
- There are issues with the app no longer working after certain updates
- Some users found it difficult to control which of their task lists it shows
- Users have to reset their preferred sort order each time, as it always reverts to the default
- The tool helps to maintain focus on tasks and avoid distractions
- Works well with Google products and syncs across different devices
- Frequent changes and updates can disrupt the app's performance
New Tab to Tasks is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
New Tab to Tasks has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to New Tab to Tasks: