Chrome Apps & Extensions Developer Tool
Develop and Debug Chrome Apps & Extensions.
What is Chrome Apps & Extensions Developer Tool?
The 'Chrome Apps & Extensions Developer Tool' is a handy tool for developers, designed to enhance the efficiency of building and debugging Chrome Apps and Extensions. It provides various features such as viewing permissions, launching, packing and uninstalling an app/extension, among others. However, this tool is now deprecated and automatically uninstalls when installed.
Note: This item is now deprecated and will uninstall itself when installed.
The Chrome Apps Developer Tool helps developers build and debug Chrome Apps and Extensions.
The features include:
- Separate view for unpacked apps/extensions
- Inspect views for inspecting app/extension pages using dev tools
- Reload an app/extension
- Launch an app/extension
- View permissions
- Pack an app/extension
- Uninstall an app/extension
- Load an unpacked app/extension
- Search for app/extension
User reviews summary
- Simple windowed version of the Extensions page
- Easy to pack added extensions in the web browser
- Better than going to the extensions page itself
- Causes crashes with manifest V3 extensions
- Seems to delete source file on importing extensions, making them unable to import again
- Button 'load unpacked' does not work
- The app is deprecated
- Doesn't support packing an app not on the list
- manifest V3 crash issues
- deprecated by Google
- 'load unpacked' button not functioning
- deletes source file on import
Chrome Apps & Extensions Developer Tool is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Chrome Apps & Extensions Developer Tool has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.