Font Identifier by WhatFontIs
Identify any Webfont or font (commercial or free) from any website.
What is Font Identifier by WhatFontIs?
Font Identifier by WhatFontIs is a useful tool for designers, helping to identify any webfont from various websites. Using the extensive database of WhatFontIs, with over 800K+ indexed fonts, users can discover both free and commercial fonts from almost any foundry. After the identification process, the extension also provides suggestions of over 60 fonts of similar style to the searched one.
We help designers (famous or not) to identify any webfont or font from any website. We can do that using the huge WhatFontIs database: 800K+ fonts indexed, free or commercial from almost any foundry.
After identifying the font, the extension will suggest more than 60 fonts very similar in style to the one you are searching for.
User reviews summary
- Works on images as well as text
- Suggests low cost or free alternatives to expensive fonts
- Gives multiple alternatives for the font being identified
- User interface isn't intuitive and requires multiple steps to identify a font
- Has trouble identifying and separating letters in cursive fonts
- Extension feature does not work on some websites and sometimes requires multiple clicks to open
- Error messages when uploading images
- Some users found it to be slow and glitchy
- Works on images
- Difficulties with user interface
- Error messages
- Complicated steps to identify fonts
- Issues with extension's functionality on some websites
Font Identifier by WhatFontIs is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Font Identifier by WhatFontIs if you trust the publisher.
Font Identifier by WhatFontIs has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Font Identifier by WhatFontIs: