SAML Message Decoder
Collects and displays SAML messages
What is SAML Message Decoder?
SAML Message Decoder is a tool designed to facilitate the debugging process of SAML based SSO/SLO implementations. Running in the background, it collects SAML messages sent or received by the browser. Viewing these messages in easily readable XML offers insights into solving authorization issues. The extension's ongoing updates have added features such as support for EidSignRequest/Response messages, improved user interface, and functionality to copy SAML messages to clipboard or export to .json files.
This tool helps you debug your SAML based SSO/SLO implementations. It runs in the background, collecting SAML messages as they are sent and received by the browser. When something didn't work as expected, just pop up the extension to view the latest SAML messages in cleartext (easily readable XML). This allows you see what happened, and to get an idea of how to solve those weird authorization issues.
=== Update 28 Nov/2017 ===
- Add support for EidSignRequest and EidSignResponse messages.
=== Update 26 Nov/2017 ===
- Remove the use of fullpage.js, as it never seemed to understand the dimensions of the Firefox popup window, and set the window height to zero most of the time.
- The popup should load faster now.
- Adjustments to make the extension look decent in the Firefox popup.
=== Update 8 Nov/2017 ===
- Fix an issue when parsing POST parameters containing additional parameters.
User reviews summary
- Easy to use
- Useful for SSO troubleshooting
- Data is pre-formatted in xml
- Captures all SAML events
- Doesn't always work
- Less features than other extensions
- Sometimes lags
- Occasional display issues on Mac OSx
- Cannot keep dialog always open
- Simple to use
- Useful for debugging SAML connections
- Sometimes lags
- Occasionally doesn't work
SAML Message Decoder is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install SAML Message Decoder if you trust the publisher.
SAML Message Decoder has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to SAML Message Decoder: