webPass - Chrome Extension
What is webPass?
"webPass" is an operational Chrome extension offering single sign-on (SSO) capabilities within Google Chrome. This extension is designed to be utilized with Stoneware Unified Workspace version 6.2 (and later), undeniably enhancing the user browsing experience by offering a seamless sign-in process. A prerequisite for utilizing this extension is to be authenticated to a Unified Workspace server.
webPass works in conjunction with Stoneware Unified Workspace version 6.2 (and later) to provide single sign-on (SSO) capabilities within Google Chrome.
You must be authenticated to a Unified Workspace server in order to use this extension.
User reviews summary
- Helpful in automatic log-ins on favourite websites
- Works for some users
- Seems useful in a school environment
- Many users report that it does not work
- User interface is not intuitive, hard to understand how to use
- Potentially makes users feel uneasy as it seems to be spying on them
- Possible glitches including looping back to the Chrome Store on click
- Some users perceive it as malware
- Doesn't work
- Makes users feel unsafe
- Confusing to use
webPass is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install webPass if you trust the publisher.
webPass has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to webPass: