Secure Hive Wallet Extension.
What is Hive Keychain?
Hive Keychain is an extension for accessing Hive-enabled distributed applications, or "dApps" in your Chromium or Firefox browser!
Hive Keychain also lets the user create and manage their own identities, so when a dApp wants to perform a transaction and write to the blockchain, the user gets a secure interface to review the transaction, before approving or rejecting it.
Because it adds functionality to the normal browser context, Hive Keychain requires the permission to read and write to any webpage. You can always "view the source" of Hive Keychain the way you do any Chrome extension, or view the source code on Github:
User reviews summary
- Secure and easy access to Hive Blockchain
- Helpful in managing Hive Wallet
- Compatible with multiple browsers and platforms
- Offers seamless experience with multiple accounts
- Importing keys problem in Windows 7
- Users reported disappearing tokens
- Issues with button functionality resulting in inability to access wallet
- Lack of support in Vivaldi browser
- Easy to use with Hive Blockchain and dApps
- Useful for managing wallets and keys
- Positive feedback from Splinterlands game users
Hive Keychain is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Hive Keychain if you trust the publisher.
Hive Keychain is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this extension.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Hive Keychain: