Installs a context menu item to translate selected text using Yandex Translate service.
What is Yandex Translate?
"Yandex Translate" is a handy, user-friendly Chrome extension that simplifies text translation on any webpage. It installs a context menu item, letting users highlight the text on a page, right click and hit 'Translate with Yandex'. The translation promptly appears in a new tab using Yandex's robust translation service, making it an invaluable tool for non-native language speakers or those dealing with multilingual content.
Select any text on the page, open context menu and click "Translate with Yandex" button. A new tab will be opened with the selected text translated
User reviews summary
- Easy to use
- Helpful for learning languages
- Highly convenient with right-click selection
- Doesn't translate page in place
- Default setting is to translate from English to Russian which cannot be changed
- Forces user to input captcha
- Desire for functionality like Google Translate
- Issues with default language
- Desire to see translation on page without navigating away
Yandex Translate may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this extension. Review carefully before installing.
Yandex Translate has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Chrome extensions that are similar to Yandex Translate: